Sunday, May 24, 2009

Test.

Its chemo. Its official. It is indeed chemo. 16 injections. 1 per 3 weeks for 12 weeks and then 1 every week for the rest. It is fucking cancer. I can't believe it. We all do so much, so much good and lots of bad. I understand that its a test but she is young, and now going to lose another part of herself. Its hard for her. The conversations are limited to haal-chaal, dawai, doctor's visits. There is a sick person who is very lonely and tired. She can't sleep, she can't weep and then there is the family, the visits and the phone calls. I hope that you will be well. Even if every hair follicle has to fall off, its okay because it will help you. I know God is listening and he cares for you and for all of us. He is the kindest and he will get us through. Just.be.strong.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I know God is listening and he cares for you and for all of us. He is the kindest and he will get us through. Just.be.strong" - Amen.

This shows that you are a very caring doctor. Your patients and friends are really blessed to have you as their doctor and friend.

Unknown said...

sad post

Sadaff said...

Gigii: thankyouu. i m not a doctor but am aspiring to be one. Hopefully in a couple of years:)

hani:sad days.

Zyenab said...

i hope she gets better..i hope she lives longer, and happier thn most of the people think she will. God bless her

deluded said...

this is exactly why medicine is so sad.

you come across things everyday.

which are just.....unfair.

and thats why Ive stopped believing that anything is fair or good.

there are just too many unfair things in this world.

Americanising Desi said...

i would wanna think life is unfair, but i think it is faith that will make me pray and not say anything otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the med school. I hope to see you someday as a great physician.

Zyenab said...

oh and i love greys anatomy. Read its quote on ur page. There was a time whn i was totally addicted to it.