Monday, February 05, 2007

Italian.

I want to go to Italy sometime in my life. The sooner, the better actually. I will apply for a few journalism or FAO internships for the summer just so that I can have a (tiny if so) chance of breathing the air under the Italian sky. Its technically the same sky that we have here in Toronto, or that we had in Nepal or Kashmir but something about Italy is so welcoming.

Abu says its gorgeous but its very expensive. He says that the food is awesome and people are so well dressed. People are more well-mannered and cultural there. Its about time I go there and find out for myself and ofcourse part of that gorgoeus tour would be renting a car(any car) and driving it through the streets of Rome, Milan, Naples and ofcourse Venice(sigh). I want to see The Vatican before going anywhere else though.

I wish I had money though to afford all the stuff that I want to see in Italy. Either I get one of those summer internships or I am starting to save lunch money and go for my perfectest European Vacation. This time I want to see more than London and Paris. I want to drive all through Italy and then go to Southern france and walk through a vinyard with my brown fendi scarf on my head(for fun's sake). I want to make homemade cheese and window shop at all the Chanel stores in Champs Elysees.

Or .

Maybe I should quit dreaming with my eyes wide open and sighing at the thought of Italy and Europle. Forget about the summer now(Godforbid who knows the number of atrocities that might bring/may be followed by). I think its the weather thats making my mind wander or just the fact that I have a hyperactive imagination. For now, I will settle for ceaser salad with italian dressing but I am not giving up on Italy just yet:)

1 comment:

theplasticpoet said...

rome :(

i want to go to europe too. but in my opinion, a car would take away so much of the flavor of the place. i'd walk around everywhere. or maybe buses if i got tired.

and whats even more so amazing about europe is those small villages in the valleys. escape from skyscrapers and billboards.