Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Child In Time.

There is a certain beauty about misty winter mornings that is very soothing. There is that sense of familiarity in the morning fog that I have seen, whethere I was here, in Nepal or in Kashmir. It always takes me back to our 8 am suzuki rides to OPF, whilst being dressed in ironed and startched blue and white uniforms. With the whitest of the white socks and shiny black bata shoes, I remember it all. The friends from prep school to primary, the teachers who seemed to be the prettiest women in the world(and the smartest too) along with the boys who would put gum under our desks and greesed their hair like there was no tommorow.

Its such a warm nostalgia, enough to make me blog on this freezing tuesday morning, even after a long ten years. We have all grown old, so has our school and our suzuki but I can still smell the pakwaan waali dukaan near school like I was there a minute ago.

Silly fog. Silly fog.

5 comments:

Ozair said...

there is a certain beauty... there is there is... :)

Anonymous said...

nepal eh?

i suddenly remember you!

secret identity-ness?

i went into secret identity-ness for about a year and now have come back into the not-so-limelight.

its fun being back here...

well, memories are amazing chemical reactions aren't they?

Ozair said...

i missh you too! :)

Anonymous said...

i knew it :P

anyways,

an ftp is sort of a public file server where people can share files.

i know a friend who has one

i'll upload onto it if i can and let you know

Natasha said...

fog is a silly thing :(