Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanksgiving?

Its 5:16pm and I have a 2-hour lecture at 6. I am tired and functioning on less than 3 hours of sleep. Thanksgiving weekend was supposed to be this extravagant affair with four days off from classes and three from work. There was supposed to be excessive sleeping, lazing, relaxing and getting somewhat ready for a somewhat decent eid. However, that was what could have been. Our house is a hub for Geo and ARY that play most if not all the time. Chachu and mom love politics and Musharaff's wardi is everybody's dhukhti rugg. This weekend, though, after avoiding tele for so long(if online tv counts, well then meh, I was glued to tv most of saturday and sunday. They were showing documentaries, newscasts and stories from Muzaffarabad, and other surrounding AK areas. I didn't see much of a change at all since october 8, 2005, People are still living in the ruins of places, they once called home. Its still home but with fewer walls, faith and ofcourse fewer people. The helicopter crash just acted as icing on the fucking cake. Areej and the girls cry louder now, for longer and it didn't help to see mamu's grave. How does a six year old understand that dad isn't coming home and nor are adorable, identical twin bothers that didn't even turn 2 yet?This 'thanksgiving' was to give thanks for what and who are left. The rest?well, the rest is there under a 2 storey house and a beyond extendded, extended, family.

No comments: