Yesterday, Poshi got her O level marks. She did brilliantly, that girl. She deserved it and SO much more. I remember it like yesterday when I went home after IB and there she was running around Mara Api and I debating between doing Matric or its british equivelent. She couldnt make her mind up, heh. Deep down, though, it was obvious that she was bound to do the Os and pass them flying colours. Never did she nor I think that years later, when she would be done, she would be in Islamabad and not Muzaffarabad in the comfort of her Upper Chattar home, getting phone calls and best wishes from cousins, aunts and friends, alike. We would have been driving around in Chachu's or Masood Uncle's gaari, going down to Madina Market, spending the last of every penny in our pockets for junk we didnt need and then going up to Chinari and pigging out while watching our serene little town.
Now our houses are rented out by NGOs who have been sitting on their asses and not doing anything to mend the cracks(literal ones) in our walls, roads, schools. Islamabad is (apparently) the new home now. The thought of it being home was nice before the earthquake, but now, we all just want to be back home. For now, Poshi is settling for a video I-pod, lots of phone calls and happysad tears all around. My youngest phupo is a trooper, she made all the difference.
:)
2 comments:
:)
torrents chahye hain? :P
www.demonoid.com is excellent for post rock
here's an invite code:
df07m4i8aat6pat8tf153swf2bhtudw431xwqyxl5bzok
that's: *repeats slowly*
df07m4i8aat6pat8tf153swf2bhtudw431xwqyxl5bzok
register at: http://www.Demonoid.com/register.php?with_invite=1
congrats to poshi.
I went to muzaffarbad last year.
Horrible stuff, that.
Post a Comment